Merge conflicts are a normal part of life. In this video, learn why they happen and how to fix them.
now at your disposal, hopefully working locally with git … on the command line can be a little bit easier. … Because git is a distributed version control system, … other contributors can pull down the project repository … Because git allows for all team members to contribute … to the same project simultaneously, situations can occur … when conflicting changes are being introduced to the base … So how exactly do these conflicting changes happen? … Where emerge conflict can happen is when two different … branches with conflicting changes are being made … to the same file on the same line in that file … and are then being pushed up to git hub and poll requests … to then be merged in. … The first of the two branches merge to the base branch … will merge just fine. … The merge conflict occurs when the second branch … tries to merge, because the base branch on git hub now has … is still comparing its change with the old history. … continue, git needs help on knowing which version to keep. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.