Are you wondering what has changed between two points in time in your repository? Learn how running git diff can help in this video.
- [Instructor] When it comes to viewing our local changes, … don't worry. … You don't have to memorize … what you've added from your working directory … to your staging area, … or the exact changes in those files. … When working in a real world project, … there can be a lot of changes that are being made, … with a lot of files that Git needs to keep track of. … Since Git is our content tracker, … we can let Git do all of the work. … We just need to know where to look … and what Git commands we can use … to find the information we're looking for. … When viewing local changes, … we need to think about three states these files can be in. … The working directory, the staging area, … and what's been committed to history. … To see these changes, … we can use the Git command called git diff. … To see the changes that are in our working directory, … we can use the git diff command without any options. … These are changes that we've made in our file, … but haven't yet added them to our staging area …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.