Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Git aliases, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- Now, at this point, we have our git log command, … and "--all". Now, lets say this is a git log command that we … use all the time, maybe multiple times a day. … can get pretty frustrating. … Its a lot to type every time you want to use a git command. … And this is where those git shortcuts come into … play that we talked about earlier. … We can actually create a shortcut to this git log command … with all of these options, … that will point to this command every time we type that … git alias. Its really helpful! … So lets go ahead and remove this from our command line, … and we'll go ahead and run "clear", … to bring this back up to the top of our command prompt. … So, instead of running this "git log --oneline --graph … - -decorate --all", lets go ahead and create an alias … 3 different levels, if you will. … If we type "git config --system", … system if that very first level. … Think of this as, maybe a work station computer. … If you set up system configurations, … its going to effect everyone who works on that system …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.