Featured and pre-built Actions are available for quickly implementing functionality with common tools and service providers.
- GitHub makes it easy to build workflows … by providing featured actions. … In fact, featured actions are the first actions … we see when we add an action. … In this case, I've created a new repository … and I have the visual editor open for a new workflow. … If I add an action, … a dialogue opens on the right prompting me … to choose a specific action … and these actions that are readily available … are the featured actions I'm referring to. … The thing that's really helpful is that … these actions provide interfaces to common tools … and service providers that we might already … be using in our projects. … If we needed to deploy our code to the cloud, for example, … there are featured actions for working with AWS, … Google Cloud and Azure. … So, if our code is already being tracked in GitHub … we don't have to look any further than the featured actions … to find the tools we need to also move our workflow … into GitHub as well. … Using a featured action is pretty easy, … all you do is click the Use button …
- Creating an action
- Creating a workflow
- Adding actions to a workflow
- Using an action from a repository
- Using environment variables
- Building custom actions
- Use cases for actions and workflows
Skill Level Beginner
1. Your first Action
2. Connecting Actions with Workflows
3. Using Actions
4. Building Custom Actions
5. Use Cases
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.