Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Use bold and italics in text, part of Learning GitHub.
- [Instructor] Our next step is all about … using emphasis in our files. … When talking about emphasis mainly talking about … using bold or italic text using markdown … and as you can see in the example provided … in this activity adding bold or italic text … really isn't that difficult. … If you want to italicize something … you surround the text with underscore on each side … or one ASCII art star symbols on each side of that text. … If you want to bold something it's the exact same thing … but you add two of those symbols, … so either two underscores around the text … or or two of the stars surrounding the text. … Let's go ahead and add some of this emphasis … to our files in our project. … First thing we need to do is locate the underscore includes … slash zero five dot emphasis dot MD file … and then we're going to go ahead and open up that file … in the web UI, edit the file, provide a short … and descriptive commit message … then we're going to commit our changes … and come back here to this pull request …
- What is GitHub?
- The GitHub workflow
- Using the command line
- Creating branches
- Making a commit
- Creating and merging pull requests
- Working locally with GitHub Desktop
- Creating a new project
- Moving the project to GitHub
- Working with teams on GitHub
- Creating task lists
- Formatting text
Skill Level Beginner
Git Essential Training: The Basicswith Kevin Skoglund2h 55m Beginner
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Basics of Working on GitHub
2. Working Locally with the Command Line
3. Working Locally with GitHub Desktop
4. Moving Your Project to GitHub
5. Working with Others on GitHub
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.