Choose additional Actions from the GitHub Marketplace in a variety of categories including messaging, testing, and publishing.
- To quote a description from GitHub, … "the Marketplace contains tools that add functionality … and improve your workflow." … In our case, this is literally true because … along with applications, actions are also available. … Let's take a look at how we can find an action … in the Marketplace and add it to a new workflow … in a repository. … I'm working in a new repository with a Python app … and I haven't created a workflow yet. … Let's search the Marketplace for an action that can … help with linting the Python files in this repo. … We can start by browsing through the Marketplace … and indeed the Marketplace link is available from just … about every page on GitHub. … Since the Marketplace carries a variety of applications, … we can focus our search on actions by clicking the … actions filter under types. … We can narrow things down even further by … selecting a category filter as well. … For now, I'll just search for Python. … This filters the available actions even further. … Now we can select the best action available …
- Creating an action
- Creating a workflow
- Adding actions to a workflow
- Using an action from a repository
- Using environment variables
- Building custom actions
- Use cases for actions and workflows
Skill Level Beginner
1. Your first Action
2. Connecting Actions with Workflows
3. Using Actions
4. Building Custom Actions
5. Use Cases
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.