With the local files gathered and the remote server clean, the deploy script is ready to upload your static site files. Nate explains the code you need to write and how to test the process locally.
- [Narrator] The last thing the deployment script…needs to do is actually deploy the files.…We'll write two methods to do this,…one that creates any folders we need on the server,…and then one that uploads the files themselves.…I'll start with the create directories for function.…We get a list of local items, so what I want to do is…let directories to create coming from items.filter,…pull out any item from that list of items…that's a directory.…
We'll say, given the path, we'll select or filter…everything where the path is a directory.…Now, all we need to do is return promise.all,…because we're going to do multiple operations here,…we'll say directories to create.map…For each directory we need to do sftp.mkdir,…make directory, we'll say dir.remote path…because we know what the remote path…is supposed to be already and we will want…to do it recursively, if necessary.…
Then, after that's done, we'll say .then,…and this should be familiar by now,…we'll do console.log, created directory,…and just output the remote path,…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
AWS: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich4h 25m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.