With Amazon S3 and CloudFront configured, explore the final changes that need to be made to the deployment script. In addition, learn how to keep credentials safe when checking them in to GitHub.
- [Narrator] Now that you've set up S3, CloudFront, and…an Amazon IAM user, you're ready to make…the final touches to the deployment script.…First, we need to update the Makefile in our code editor.…Underneath this build section, we need…to add a new section called deploy.…The first thing the deploy command…is going to do is call the build command,…so that we have the built site files ready to go.…Then we need to push those built files up to S3.…We'll a command called aws to do this.…We'll say aws s3 sync, we'll sync the public folder…to the S3 bucket we created before, so we'll say…s3:// our bucket name, which was awesomestaticsites.com.…
We also need to pass this flag called…- -acl with a value of public-read.…This will ensure that all the files…have the right public read permissions.…And we also need to pass the flag --delete,…which will make sure that any existing files…are cleared out before we upload the new versions.…Next we need to tell CloudFront to refresh the cache.…This is called a CloudFront invalidation.…
- How static sites work
- Advantages of static sites
- Tools for building static sites
- Installing Hugo and Git
- Creating a new Hugo site
- Building a website
- Setting up a deployment pipeline
- Deploying and testing a site
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Hugo
3. Build a Website
4. Set Up a Deployment Pipeline
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.