When you string together a series of commits, you have a branch. In this video, learn exactly what a branch is.
and everything that goes on inside of it, … it's time to learn a little bit more about branching. … And branches and how they all work together. … is an online tool called Visualizing Git. … And a great way to get there is just by going … to any online search and typing Visualizing Git … It should be the first one at the top, … should now take you to this online tool … run commits, and see how everything works together. … The really cool thing about this tool … is that at the bottom left hand side … where it says enter git command, … right here within this interactive tool. … Currently, we are on the master branch. … And it shows master by that orange block … So to make a commit, I can go ahead and type … git commit in this text field, … and I can see that our history progresses forward … as we make these commits. … So let's go ahead and type a few more commits. … So we can see how this history progresses. … each commit circle. … Those are referencing those commit IDs … as we're making everything on the master branch right now, …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.