Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Tools for securing your workflow, part of GitHub Essential Training.
you can customize branch protections in the repository … directly on the master branch. … in the master branch, as your mainland branch … All branches, or any branch that matches … Keep in mind, that even though I'm talking about master, … on a pull request, before that pull request … can be merged into the base branch. … You can also add a person or specific team … of individuals that can dismiss these pull request reviews. … For example, you can have a branch protection … to require any branch containing the word release … to have at least two request reviews before merging. … Having this branch protection requires that every … pull request has some level of code review, … and a discoverable history of who approved … that pull request. … to make sure that the person approving the changes … Another branch protection that I've seen in several … development teams, is where only specific individuals, … a pull request into master. … So, even if that pull request has been approved, … that protected branch into master. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.