Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Specify the Docker image, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now at this point, … you may have noticed that this configuration file … includes a Docker image to execute the build. … Now we're not going to dive into what Docker means … or what this Docker image really is all about. … But just know that in order to get this build to succeed, … it needs to have this Docker image so it can execute. … So what step three is all about … is specifying this Docker image. … So scrolling down so we can see the full page … and instructions for step three, … is it's asking us to select a specific configuration. … Now in this pull request, … there's a specific placeholder text, … and we can actually see this … by scrolling down a little bit more, … and we see that it's actually here provided … in this comment here in the pull request. … So we can do this one of two ways. … What we need to do is we need to replace … this REPLACE-ME-WITH-DOCKER-IMAGE. … We can replace that with githubtraining/ci-custom. … And we can do that by just simply clicking …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.