In this video, Nate explains what Travis CI does and how you can use it to automate your publishing process. Learn how to add a Travis configuration file to your project.
- [Male Speaker] Travis CI is a service…that makes it easy to do automated testing and deployment.…For this project will use Travis to…automatically build and deploy the site…whenever the files and GitHub change.…Note that if you're using Netlify as your deployment option…you can skip this video.…Netlify doesn't require Travis.…If you're using one of the other deployment options…sign into Travis using your existing GitHub account.…Once you sign in click the plus button on the left side…to list all of your repositories,…and then toggle the switch on the repository…where your site files live.…
Then click the settings button.…You'll want to turn off Build pushed pull requests.…That way we only build stuff on the master branch…when we check things into master.…Travis CI looks for a file called…dot travis dot yml…in the root of your repository.…So we need to go create that.…Over in the editor I'm going to create a new file…called dot travis dot yml…The content of this file will dictate what Travis does…when we, check a change into GitHub.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.