Learn how to set up Amazon S3 to store your site files. Nate demonstrates how to set up an S3 bucket and configure it to host your static site files.
- [Narrator] Amazon S3 is a cloud storage service…that's part of Amazon web services or AWS.…You'll use S3 to store your built site files.…Which then be distributed by Amazon cloud front.…To get started, go to console.aws.amazon.com.…If you've never used AWS,…create an account using your email address.…Once you've signed in, search for S3…or click the services menu at the top.…Now we need to create a bucket.…
For the bucket name, I'm going to pick…Awesome static sites.com, which is the domain name I bought.…The bucket name can be anything that you want.…We'll keep the region as US east.…The region doesn't really matter because…we'll have cloud front distribute the files everywhere.…Now I'll click next.…And next again.…It's important I pick…grant public read access to this bucket.…Otherwise these files will be private.…And next again. And I'll create the bucket.…
Once the bucket is created, I'll click on it and go…to the properties tab.…On the static website hosting card,…I'll click on that…and then click use this bucket to host a website.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
AWS: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich4h 25m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.