Learn how to use Amazon CloudFront to cache and distribute your S3 files across the world. Nate explains how to configure a CloudFront distribution and add a certificate for HTTPS.
- [Instructor] Amazon S3 will do a great job…of hosting your static site files,…but adding CloudFront will take your site a step further.…CloudFront lets you bring your own domain name,…instead of using the long, ugly S3 bucket URL.…CloudFront will take the files in your bucket…and cache them in every region in the world…as close as possible to your visitors.…This means super fast loading times for your site.…CloudFront also makes it easy to add a certificate…to enable HTTPS on your site.…All you need to do is set up a CloudFront distribution…for your S3 bucket.…
What I'll do is search for CloudFront…in the services menu up here…and I want to open that up in a new tab.…I'll leave the other tab open because we need…to copy something from there a little bit later.…In the CloudFront control panel,…I want to create a new distribution…and it'll be a web distribution.…For the origin domain name,…I want to copy that full S3 bucket URL and paste it there.…I'll go back to S3, copy this URL,…and paste it for the origin domain name.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.