Explore how using CloudFront to cache the S3 files will mean faster loading times and support for HTTPS. Learn how to create a CloudFront distribution and configure it properly.
- [Instructor] Amazon S3 will do a great job…of hosting your static site files…but adding CloudFront will take your site a step further.…CloudFront will cache your site files…in every region as close as possible to your visitors.…This means super fast loading times.…CloudFront also makes it easy to add an SSL certificate…to enable HTTPS on your website.…All you need to do is setup…a CloudFront distribution for your S3 bucket.…The first thing I'm going to do is copy this endpoint URL,…the ones that ends in amazonaws.com.…
I'm just going to copy that to the clipboard…so I have it for later.…Then I'm going to go to the Services menu…and open up CloudFront…under Networking and Content Delivery.…I'm going to open this in a new tab.…I'm going to create a new distribution…and it's going to be a web distribution.…For the Origin Domain Name I'm going to…paste in that Endpoint URL I just copied.…Pasting the endpoint URL here…instead of picking one of the suggestions…that CloudFront gives you is important.…Pasting in that endpoint URL will make sure…
- How static sites work
- Advantages of static sites
- Tools for building static sites
- Installing Hugo and Git
- Creating a new Hugo site
- Building a website
- Setting up a deployment pipeline
- Deploying and testing a site
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Hugo
3. Build a Website
4. Set Up a Deployment Pipeline
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.