Git offers safe options to help us remove changes that were applied in error. In this video, learn how to run git revert to safely undo changes.
- Now that we have confidently located … that commit we're looking for, … it's time to actually make the change. … Now, with git we can do a really cool change … instead of just making a new commit on top of our project. … We can actually do what's called a git revert … and revert a commit that is made previously … and just revert those changes on top of our project. … So, to best demonstrate this, … I want to navigate back over to that visualizing git tool … that we've used earlier. … Now that we're here, you should currently see the one commit … on master, and that's where HEAD is pointing. … So, let's go ahead and make some commits, … and we'll just do this directly on master. … This is just going to give us some … commit history to work with. … So, let's say one of those middle commits. … We'll actually be using the one … with the commit ID … b2adb50. … Now, if you're following along, … your commit IDs may be different. … I believe these are just randomly generated, … so, your commit ID may not be the exact same as mine. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.