Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Resolving a merge conflict, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Resolving a merge conflict … may not be as difficult as you think. … This may require you to have some discussions … with other team members and collaborators … on deciding which version to keep. … To resolve the conflict, open up the file … in the GitHub web UI, IDE, or your favorite text editor, … and then locate the section that has the conflict. … You'll notice that the section is surrounded … with a series of equal signs in the middle. … The second section between the second set of symbols, … is the section that now exists on the base branch, … or the branch that the content is trying to be merged into. … This section is also titled … with the name of the base branch. … To resolve, you simply pick the content section you want. … You can choose to pick the content from either branch, … or you can remove everything, … and add something completely different. … Git doesn't really care what you do, … just that you tell Git what content to move forward with. … Once you have decided on which version to keep, …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.