Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Resolve a simple conflict and merge, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we're on our new pull request, … it looks like we need to resolve a simple conflict. … Again, we have a lot of information … we see that we can't merge this pull request. … Even as many times as I try to click this, … it's not going to let me merge. … In fact, it's completely grayed out. … that needs to be resolved, … before we can try to merge this in. … Now there are two ways … that we can resolve this merge conflict. … I can use the web editor on GitHub … which is what we set our instructions to. … So we'll go ahead and follow those instructions. … to take to resolve this merge conflict. … Now, I know this may look a lot, … but a lot of it is talking … about those merge conflict markers, … which we've already discussed, … so it shouldn't be too bad. … We need to checkout to the branch in question, … which is update-config. … Then we'll need a pull down … to make sure we have an up to date copy of that project … and then we need to run git merge into master. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.