Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Reset to the trash, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's now see our last reset in action, … git reset --hard. … Now again, be extra careful when using this type of reset, … because it skips the staging and working, … and throws those changes all the way into the trash. … But, let's see how this would work. … So let's go ahead and run git reset --hard, … and just like we did with git reset --mixed, … I'm going to tell HEAD to move certain spots. … Now, let's say at this point in my project, … I want to completely throw away my last commit, … which includes files four, five, and six. … Let's say that I really don't want … file five and six in my project, … and I want to completely throw those away. … So, I can type git reset --hard HEAD and then just tilde. … Just having the one tilde will move this back one spot. … So let's go ahead and run this command. … So now if I type git lol, … I see that HEAD is now pointing back to file three, … which is exactly what we wanted. … But let's now type git status. … Notice that we don't have anything in our staging, …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.