Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Reset back to the working directory, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we've seen what … Git reset --soft does, … let's go ahead and do our second reset … of Git reset --mixed … or just Git reset. … So looking at our commit history, … let's reset our most recent commit … as well as our commit number four. … So we'll be resetting all the way back to our file three. … Now we can do that by typing Git reset. … And at this point, … I could just copy the commit ID associated with file three … just like we did on our previous reset. … But there's another way that I can tell Git to reset. … I can tell Git to move head down certain commits. … As head is now pointing to our most recent commit, … I can tell Git reset to move head down two spots … which will now be pointing to our file three. … So I can type head ~2, … which is going to move head down two commits. … Now if I go ahead and run this command, … I can now type Git lol … and I see that we have now reset head … back to our file three. … Now we ran Git reset --mixed or again just this Git reset, …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.