Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Reset back to staging area, part of GitHub Essential Training.
of git reset, we're actually going to navigate … out of github-games and into … To do that, we can go ahead and type cd ... … We can also type pwd for print working directory … to see what we're now on our desktop. … So I'm going to go ahead and run clear … to bring out command prompt back up … to the top of the screen. … Now, the project we're going to be working in … is located in the Exercise Files of this course. … so we can then check out to it and work in that project. … Now on my command line, I want to type … cd space reset-practice. … I should now see that I'm on the master branch … At this point, I want to go ahead and type git lol. … This is our git alias for that git law command. … is a pretty simple project, as there's only six files … that have been committed to this project history. … Now, this is pretty simple, because I want to demonstrate … exactly what happens with this reset, and it'll be easy … to see exactly where these files are going … as they're just listed files 1 through 5. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.