Learn why you want to remove files on your server before uploading fresh copies and how to perform this cleanup step in your deploy script automatically.
- [Instructor] In most cases, you'll want to remove…or clean out your old site files…before uploading newly generated files.…Without this step, anything you delete on the Jekyll side…will stay on your server until you manually delete it.…If you only plan on adding content…and never removing anything, you could skip this step.…I'm going to add some code to the clean remote method.…What I'll do is, I'm going to need to call the sftp client…to list the files that are currently on the server…so I'll do return sftp.list.…
We'll tell it to list the remote path base,…essentially the public html folder…and then after that we'll do then.…We'll get back a list of objects…and we want to act on those objects.…So, we'll say object list to a new block of code.…There are a few items we'll want to always ignore…so let's filter those out.…Let's say object list equals objectlist.filter…and anything that is not part of something we'll call,…ignoredremoteitems.hasobj.name.…
That'll match against anything in this thing…that we're defining called ignored remote items.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.