Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Rebase in action, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- Now back on the command line … we've currently been working on reset-practice … but for rebase we have a new project repository … And you can find this project in the exercise files … that you can download and follow along. … Just make sure you CD out of reset-practice … and into rebase-practice to follow along with rebase. … So let's go ahead and run git lol. … We can see that this looks pretty similar … to our reset-practice but now with this one we have a … deviating history of when these files were added. … We have our master and we have this branch called rebase-me. … Now the purpose of rebase is to take the commits that were … made on rebase-me and apply those onto the master … almost like they were created on master in the first place. … This will create that linear history for us. … So to start this rebase we're going to … check out to our branch rebase-me. … We can do that by typing git checkout rebase-me … and now we can go ahead and initiate … the rebase by typing git rebase-I …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.