The GitHub Marketplace is a great way to share your custom action. In this video, learn how to share your custom action with others by publishing it in the GitHub Marketplace.
- After creating and testing a custom action, … we'll want to share it. … One of the easiest ways to do that is to publish the action … to the GitHub Marketplace. … The Marketplace lets developers search for actions … and then add them to their workflows. … But before we can publish, we need to have a few things … in place. … To keep our interactions with the marketplace secure, … we need to have two-factor authentication enabled … for our GitHub account. … This means whenever we login to GitHub, … we'll have to provide a token from another application … or a code from an SMS message. … This protects our account from being compromised … if someone happens to learn our username and password. … Not only is this a requirement for publishing actions … to the marketplace, it's also good security practice … for all GitHub accounts. … We'll also need to agree to all the terms and conditions … of the GitHub Marketplace Developer Agreement. … I'll leave it to you to review this document. … But if you're representing a company …
- Creating an action
- Creating a workflow
- Adding actions to a workflow
- Using an action from a repository
- Developing a CI/CD pipeline with GitHub Actions
- Building custom actions
- Publishing an action to the GitHub Marketplace
Skill Level Beginner
1. Your First Action
Your first Action2m 31s
2. Connecting Actions with Workflows
3. Using Actions
4. Developing a CI/CD Workflow
5. Building Custom Actions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.