If you are working with a group, GitHub has tools for managing teams. In this video, learn practical tips for setting up an organization and using teams.
- [Instructor] Communicating on GitHub … is centered around the collaboration rich features … that are issues and pull requests. … These features allow us to start these discussions … and collaborate on code changes … and address anything related to the project. … So knowing who to communicate with … for these issues and pull requests inside an organization … is important when getting the right feedback … from the right people. … Let's navigate to a repository on GitHub … at github.com/githubschool … and then look at the relationship between … organizations and teams and how they work together. … I've now navigated to that GitHub repository … at github.com/githubschool. … Now this is an organization that anyone can view on GitHub. … The cool thing about this organization … is it has a lot of practice repositories. … There's a lot of people involved, … we can see there's 47 teams currently, … and there's some projects. … So this has a little bit of everything … and we can see how things start to work together. …
- What is GitHub?
- The GitHub workflow
- Using the command line
- Creating branches
- Making a commit
- Creating and merging pull requests
- Working locally with GitHub Desktop
- Creating a new project
- Moving the project to GitHub
- Working with teams on GitHub
- Creating task lists
- Formatting text
Skill Level Beginner
Git Essential Training: The Basicswith Kevin Skoglund2h 55m Beginner
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Basics of Working on GitHub
2. Working Locally with the Command Line
3. Working Locally with GitHub Desktop
4. Moving Your Project to GitHub
5. Working with Others on GitHub
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.