Learn how to fix a misspelling in your commit message in this video.
the 65B2325 commit, has an incorrect commit message. … It says change speed from 0.1 to 0.6. … In fact, we changed it from 0.6 to 0.1. … So now that I have an incorrect commit message, … So let's go ahead and run that now. … Git commit --amend. … Now with running this command, … it's going to go ahead and open up Vim, … where we're going to have to go in … We can type i to enter insert mode, … to where it needs to be. … So I'll go ahead and say 0.6 to 0.1, … and I'll go ahead and save this by colon wq. … This will save and quit out of Vim. … Now that we're back on our command line, … I can go ahead and type git log --oneline. … Notice now that our commit message is correct. … It says change speed from 0.6 to 0.1. … But notice that the commit ID has now changed. … It's now 557412d, … whereas if we scroll up on our command line, … we see that previously it was 65b2325. … Because we've changed the commit message, … so the time stamp has also changed, … both of those two objects have altered the commit ID. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.