Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Merge the pull request locally, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we've created our pull request, … let's scroll down and see what the next instructions are. … we have a few instructions. … We need to navigate back to our command line to run these … and actually merge this up. … that green Merge pull request button, … and I can do everything right here in the GitHub UI. … But since we want to do this on the command line, … we have the instructions on how to do it … by navigating back over to our command line. … So we want to check out to master. … We want to run a git pull … to make sure our master branch is currently up to date. … It's best practice to pull … every time you're working on a branch. … Then we want to run git merge change-skills, … So let's go ahead and run these commands. … just to bring our command prompt back up to the top. … let's go ahead and run git pull. … Now, as you can see, everything says we're up to date. … and push up these changes up to GitHub. … And it may take a couple seconds as Git … is running through all of the back-end work. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.