In this video, learn how to merge a branch and push it to GitHub.
- [Instructor] Now that we've made the changes that we want, … it's time to merge our branch into the master branch … and then push these changes up to GitHub. … Well, we can do this on GitHub, … by navigating back to our repository, … and we can click that green button there … at the bottom of our pull request to merge this in. … We can also do this by using GitHub Desktop. … So, let's switch back over to GitHub Desktop … and see how we can merge from there. … The first thing we need to do, … is we need to go up to our current branch … and check out to our master branch. … Now that we're on our master branch … we can then go up to the top menu, … where it says Branch, … and we want to click on Merge into Current Branch. … Now, what this is saying is we're currently on master, … and we want to merge update-slide into our master branch. … Again make sure you're on the master branch, … as your base branch, … and then you want to merge the branch you want into master. … So once we have these selected, we're going to go ahead …
- What is GitHub?
- The GitHub workflow
- Using the command line
- Creating branches
- Making a commit
- Creating and merging pull requests
- Working locally with GitHub Desktop
- Creating a new project
- Moving the project to GitHub
- Working with teams on GitHub
- Creating task lists
- Formatting text
Skill Level Beginner
Git Essential Training: The Basicswith Kevin Skoglund2h 55m Beginner
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Basics of Working on GitHub
2. Working Locally with the Command Line
3. Working Locally with GitHub Desktop
4. Moving Your Project to GitHub
5. Working with Others on GitHub
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.