Join Aaron Stewart for an in-depth discussion in this video Learn how to use CI with a configuration file, part of GitHub Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Scrolling down to the end of this issue … gives us the step number two, … which is titled Introduce the configuration file. … And this is exactly why your build is currently failing. … One of the things that CircleCI needs … is a valid configuration file … to be added to our project. … Now don't worry, this is by design. … We purposely added an incomplete configuration file … to this project in order to see … how we can get a failing build to then be successful. … So in order to get this build to succeed, … we need to open up a pull request … to update our configuration file. … Now one of the cool things … about these Learning Lab activities is … that some of this work is done for us. … And as we see in our first activity with step number one, … we need to create a new pull request … using master as our base, … and then we need to compare … this initial-circle-config branch. … That was already created for us. … We just simply need to create the pull request. … Again, this is where opening up a separate tab really helps, …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.