Learn how to install Jekyll and the dependencies it needs to run. Nate explains where to find installation instructions and how to test your installation to make sure everything is working.
- [Instructor] The first step…is installing Jekyll on your machine.…Search for install Jekyll,…and follow the official instructions…on the Jekyll website, at jekyllrb.com.…There are detailed instructions here…for Mac, Linux and Windows.…Because Jekyll is built on top of Ruby,…you'll need to make sure that Ruby is installed first.…You can do this by opening your terminal,…or your shell, for example I'm using PowerShell…on Windows, and typing ruby -v.…And also gem -v.…If you get an error message when you run either…of these commands, you'll need to fix your installation…of Ruby first, before continuing with Jekyll.…
If the instructions on the Jekyll website…don't resolve your problem, search for install Ruby,…and your operating system, like install Ruby Windows,…to get some more help.…Once you've installed Jekyll, double-check…that it's working as well, by doing jekyll -v.…If you see a version number here too,…you've installed Jekyll correctly, and you're ready to go.…If you get an error, retrace the steps…in the installation guide to make sure…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.