Sometimes there is only one good commit in a sea of bad ones. Learn how to rescue it in this video.
- [Instructor] Because I threw away my last commit, … where you can get these files back, … we're presented with a commit history very similar … than if we would have ran Git lol or just Git log. … and these commit messages on the right hand side. … But this Git reflog is a little bit special. … Now since HEAD has been everywhere where we have been, … we can go to the reflog … as we can see, near at the bottom, with commit 943e6be, … and I can pull this specific commit out of this reflog, … and back into our project's history. … called the git cherry-pick. … I can run this cherry-pick by typing git cherry-pick, … and then I can go ahead and provide the commit ID … that I want to pull out of this reflog. … Now since I want to pull file four, I want to go ahead … and copy the commit from file four. … Now that I have that copied, … I'll put that on my command line right after cherry-pick. … Now that I've cherry picked this commit out of history, … let's go ahead and type git status. … nothing is in our staging or our working directory. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.