Git can help you locate the source of a single change in your repository. Learn how this powerful feature can be used to track down bugs or to understand performance changes it this video.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead and type Q … to get out of this log history. … And now that we're currently on master, … let's actually run clear to bring our command prompt … back up to the top of the screen. … Now at this point, I want to go ahead and run ls. … Again, this is just showing all the list-in files … inside of our project's history. … And looking at the list of everything you see here, … you'll probably notice that our index.html … actually says inde.html. … Now this is a problem. … At some point in our commit history, a commit changed … and renamed this file from index to inde. … So we need to find that commit and fix it. … Now to fix this, we need to look at our commit history. … We can do that by running git log, … and we can also, instead of git log, run git lol, … which is our alias to see all of those other options. … But I'm not really concerned … about the graph option right now. … So let's just run git log --oneline. … Here we see a very small and concise view of our history …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.