There are a lot of ways to search for content in GitHub. Take a look at some of the quick shortcuts and the more advanced ways to search using GitHub.
- [Ray] When you need to find something, … you use the Mighty Searchbox in GitHub, … but it might not always return what you want. … Let's get started by trying a simple search. … So, I'm going to search here for Vue.js projects, … so I'll just type in Vue and you'll notice … that I have an option to search either in my own account, … which is in this user, or all of GitHub. … I'm going to choose in this user. … As you can see, it returns any of my repositories … that have the keyword Vue in the name, … or as one of the keywords, or in the descriptions. … Now if you take a look at the search bar, … you can see that it actually added something … to what I searched. … It typed in the keyword user and then colon … and then my username and then a space bar … and the keyword that I typed. … Now that should be a hint that there are different keywords … that you can type in there. … Let's try something else. … I'm going to try typing in the keyword stars … and then a colon and then greater than 30. …
- Adding project descriptions, URLs, and tags
- Adding secret keys to settings
- Maximizing contribution credits
- Comparing branches
- Pinning repos
- Creating permalinks
- Getting all repo branches
- Using repo shields
- Using GitHub Pages
- Creating a project Kanban
- Using the GitHub CLI
- Creating repo shortcuts
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning GitHub Actions (2019)with Michael Jenkins1h 37m Beginner
Git: Branches, Merges, and Remoteswith Kevin Skoglund2h 58m Beginner
1. Setting Up Github
2. The Github Interface
3. Working with Repos
4. Github Tools
5. External Tools
Share code with gists2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.