GitHub allows you to publish simple static sites using GitHub Pages, which you can set up under settings. Learn how it allows you to publish demos and other simple sites for your projects.
- [Ray] You can use GitHub Pages … to host your simple static sites. … Now you'll notice here that in this project … I have a few interesting things. … I have an index.html file here in the main section … of our master branch and then I have a docs folder … that has another index.html file. … I also have a GH Pages branch and this is a special branch. … Anything in this branch can also be converted … into a website. … So you can choose one of those three places … to place your content in … and GitHub will allow you to build a website … from those pages. … Let's use the setting tabs to check this out. … I'm going to scroll down to the GitHub Pages section. … And you can see here that we have a few options … for the source. … Just as I mentioned, you can use the master branch … and GitHub will find the index.html file in that branch … and use it for the GitHub Pages site. … You can also put things inside a docs folder … and GitHub will find the index.html file … in the docs folder or you can use the GH Pages branch. …
- Adding project descriptions, URLs, and tags
- Adding secret keys to settings
- Maximizing contribution credits
- Comparing branches
- Pinning repos
- Creating permalinks
- Getting all repo branches
- Using repo shields
- Using GitHub Pages
- Creating a project Kanban
- Using the GitHub CLI
- Creating repo shortcuts
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning GitHub Actions (2019)with Michael Jenkins1h 37m Beginner
Git: Branches, Merges, and Remoteswith Kevin Skoglund2h 58m Beginner
1. Setting Up Github
2. The Github Interface
3. Working with Repos
4. Github Tools
5. External Tools
Share code with gists2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.