In this video, learn why a domain name is important and how to buy one.
- [Instructor] A domain name makes it easy…for visitors to find your site on the public internet.…It's also necessary for adding https to the site…which we'll do in a later step.…If you don't already have a domain name,…go to a registrar like Namecheap and buy one.…I bought awesomestaticsites.com,…but you can buy any name or suffix that you want.…Make sure that an email address you control is listed…as the contact for the domain when you register it.…Later, when you add https, Amazon will send an email…to verify ownership of the domain.…If you use a WHOIS masking service…or a fake email address,…this verification step won't work.…
We'll come back to the registrar to change DNS settings…for your domain later.…First, we need to set up Amazon S3 and Cloudfront.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.