In this video, Nate explains why a domain name is important and how to get one. He also covers some important points for the domain registration process.
- [Instructor] A domain name makes it easy for visitors…to find your site on the public internet.…It's also necessary for adding a HTTPS to the site…which we'll do in a later step.…If you don't already have a domain name…go to a registrar like Namecheap and buy one.…I bought AwesomeStaticSites.com, but you can buy…any name or suffix that you want.…Make sure that an email address you control…is listed as the contact for the domain…when you register it.…Later, when we add HTTPS, Amazon will send…an email to verify ownership of domain.…If you use a WHOIS masking service…or a fake email address this verification step won't work.…
We'll come back to the registrar to change DNS settings…for your domain later.…First, we need to set up Amazon S3 and CloudFront.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Hugo and Git
- Creating a new Hugo site
- Building a new website
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Publishing your static site
- Deploying via FTP, AWS, and Netlify
Skill Level Beginner
AWS: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich4h 25m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Hugo
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netlify
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.