In this video, explore why a domain name is important. and how to get one, and find out about some important points for the domain registration process.
- [Instructor] A domain name makes it easy for visitors…to find your site on the public internet.…It's also necessary for adding HTTPS to…the site which we'll do in a later step.…If you don't already have a domain name,…go to a registrar like Namecheap and buy one.…I bought awesomestaticsites.com,…but you can buy any name or suffix that you want.…Make sure that an email address you control is listed…as the contact for the domain when you register it.…Later, when we add HTTPS, Amazon will send…an email to verify ownership of the domain.…
If you use a whois masking service or a fake email address,…this verification step won't work.…We'll come back to the registrar…to change DNS setting for your domain later.…First, we need to setup Amazon S3 and CloudFront.…
- How static sites work
- Advantages of static sites
- Tools for building static sites
- Installing Hugo and Git
- Creating a new Hugo site
- Building a website
- Setting up a deployment pipeline
- Deploying and testing a site
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Hugo
3. Build a Website
4. Set Up a Deployment Pipeline
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.