The GitHub Student Developer Pack is a fantastic set of free services and tools for students. If you're a student, learn how to take advantage of some of the features and how you can become a GitHub advocate in your school.
- [Instructor] If you're a student and you use GitHub, … you can get the pro version of GitHub for free. … It also comes with a ton of other goodies, … which you can find at this URL. … You can find offers from GitHub partners like Microsoft, … and hosting from Heroku, Digital Ocean, and a lot more. … As you can see, the list of benefits is huge. … To get started, click on Get Benefits, … and you can see that the benefits for the individuals … includes GitHub Pro, as well as that long list of benefits, … and also access to something called … the GitHub Campus Expert Training, … so if you click on this, you'll actually get … some training from GitHub, and also, … this is a place where you can find if there's already … a GitHub expert in your school. … There are some requirements to participate … in the program, but it's a great way … to get your foot in the door with a fantastic company. … Now this is one of those programs that's a hidden gem, … and it's a great deal if you're a student. …
- Adding project descriptions, URLs, and tags
- Adding secret keys to settings
- Maximizing contribution credits
- Comparing branches
- Pinning repos
- Creating permalinks
- Getting all repo branches
- Using repo shields
- Using GitHub Pages
- Creating a project Kanban
- Using the GitHub CLI
- Creating repo shortcuts
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning GitHub Actions (2019)with Michael Jenkins1h 37m Beginner
Git: Branches, Merges, and Remoteswith Kevin Skoglund2h 58m Beginner
1. Setting Up Github
2. The Github Interface
3. Working with Repos
4. Github Tools
5. External Tools
Share code with gists2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.