Simplicity rules, but unfortunately your realities aren't always simple. In this video, explore some of the more complex workflows you could encounter and how you can make them work.
and the potential pitfalls of working along … to our super charge GitHub workflow … and fine tune it even more. … Currently with our GitHub flow everything is happening … on our one master branch … with our feature branches coming … from the base branch of master. … Some questions that you might get are it's too simple. … The enterprise world can be even more complicated … and our teams need more control … so to address this, … let's take the GitHub flow where we are now … is fine and the feature branches are great as well … but we want more control on when we merge into master. … We want to protect our master branch as usual … to merge into master on their own account. … We want to have a code freeze to occur … For this scenario we can fine tune our GitHub flow … to have a development branch along with master. … What this can do is allow developers, … throughout their sprints and development cycles, … as their base, make their commits on their own branch … and then merge back into develop with all of the CI checks, …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.