One of the most frequently mentioned tools on sites like Stack Overflow is git reset. Learn what it is actually doing and how to use it safely in this video.
- [Instructor] Now that we have tried out Git Amend, … it's time to move down our list of dangerous commands … and learn about Git Reset. … The Git Amend command only rewrites the most recent commit, … so when you want to make changes to commits … further back in your history, … even as far as the very first commit, … you will need to use a more powerful command, … and this is where Git Reset comes in. … or even all of our files from our project history. … The Git Reset command has three modes, … back into our staging area or our working directory. … You can even reset a commit from history … and into the trash. … Git reset --soft moves commits from history … back into your staging area. … into one larger commit. … Git reset --mixed or just git reset. … This is the default mode of Git Reset, … and it moves your commits from history … past the staging area and into the working directory. … This is helpful if you want to keep the changes … in those commits around, … but you're not ready to commit them yet. …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.