In this video, learn what front matter is and why it's important. Nate shows how to edit a post's front matter and explains how to learn more.
- [Instructor] The section at the top…of each post file is called the front matter.…This section stores metadata or properties about the post.…You can change or add to these properties…to change things about the post.…For example, I could add a exclamation point to the title…or I could change the date…to backdate the post for example.…The Jekyll documentation at jekyllrb.com…includes a list of all the front matter properties…you can add and what they do.…For blogs it can useful to add categories and tags to posts.…I might add a category here called personal…and maybe a tag called fun.…
The tags and categories you use on your own site…would just depend on your content.…If I preview this site,…bundle exec jekyll serve…and take a look at what it looks like now.…The order of posts has changed…because I backdated that post…and if I open my hello world post,…the title has changed…and if you look closely at the url…the category's now included in the url as well.…This means that categories can be used…to organize the posts on your site…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.