GitHub's broad ecosystem of integrators allows you to customize your workflow and tooling to match the needs and preferences of your team. In this video, explore examples of workflows used by two different teams.
- [Instructor] With an understanding … of the GitHub Flow in place, … I want to take a step back … and look at the big picture. … We now have this GitHub flow, … and it works really well. … But you may have noticed that it's pretty basic. … Now, having this simplified workflow … but if you think about some challenges … the basic GitHub flow, as shown here, … doesn't address some … of these top export concerns. … It kind of feels like some details may be missing. … For example, what if you have security concerns … or merge a branch into master? … What about automated testing, … and code checks that need to happen … when commits occur on a branch? … We've talked about testing on deploy. … But is this something that can be done … How code reviews or poll request … Where would those requirements and checks … such as issues and projects? … Now, this is a lot of information … and address these security concerns … when it come to working on branches. … …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.