Learn how to fully automate the publishing process by hooking up the deploy script to Travis CI. Also, learn how to add secure environment variables to the Travis environment.
- [Instructor] To fully automate this deployment we need…to run the new deploy script from the travis.yml file.…Before we do that, however, I need to make a small change…to the Jekyll configuration.…Over in _config.yml, near the bottom of the file…we have this block called exclude.…Right now it's commented out.…I'm going to select this whole block starting with the line…that says exclude:, and then uncomment it…using Visual Studio code shortcut control + /, or you could…remove the hash sign + space in front of each line.…
This block explicitly tells Jekyll which files to ignore…from the root of the project.…I want to add a few more to this list.…I'll start with package-lock.json, package.json,…as well as deploy.js.…Each one of these lines needs a dash in front of it…and then a space.…Alright, let's make sure…that the built site files look correct.…I'll do bundle exec jekyll build,…and then I'll check the output directory.…
In my case it's called public, and we have folders…and files for all of our pages and posts.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
AWS: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich4h 25m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.