Get an overview of how to deploy your static site to Amazon Web Services. Nate explains how to use AWS services like S3 and CloudFront to host your site on the web.
- [Instructor] Amazon Web Services, or AWS,…is a cloud platform that offers hosted file storage,…compute caching, and more.…These services are typically used to power…web and mobile apps,…but AWS can also be used to host static websites…for very little cost.…Here's how it works.…When you make changes to your site files…and push them up to GitHub,…Travis CI automatically runs a build script.…We'll modify this build script to push…the site content to Amazon S3.…S3 is a file storage service that can act…as a simple web server.…
When your site files are on S3,…they can be served to visitors on the internet.…However, serving files directly from S3 is limited…and you can't add your own domain name.…That's where another service, Amazon CloudFront, comes in.…CloudFront is a content delivery network, or CDN,…that takes your files from S3…and pushes them to locations all over the world…so your pages load as fast as possible.…You can configure CloudFront with your domain name…and also add HTTPS to your site for free.…Both S3 and CloudFront are very inexpensive…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.