Finish setting up automated deployments by configuring Travis to connect to your AWS account. Nate explains how to push your site to S3 and how to tell CloudFront to distribute the updated files.
- [Instructor] Now that you've set up S3,…CloudFront, and an Amazon IM user,…you're ready to make the final touches…to the deployment script.…We'll do that by editing the dot travis dot YML file.…The first thing I'm going to do is move this Hugo line…up into the before script section.…So now before script will be…RM dash RF and then on another line dash Hugo.…In the script section, we'll replace this…with the commands we need to push our files to S3.…First I'll do AWL S3 sync.…
And we'll be syncing the public folder.…Public slash, or the build site files…to our S3 bucket.…So we'll do S3 colon slash slash,…and then the bucket name.…This is different than the ARN.…We actually named the bucket awesomestaticsites.com.…Then we'll do dash dash ACL,…public dash read…dash dash delete.…That command will push our build site files…up to S3 and delete any previous files…that were in that S3 bucket.…
Now we need to tell CloudFront…to create an invalidation.…This means that it'll wipe out the cache…and force CloudFront to refresh the files that are cached.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Hugo and Git
- Creating a new Hugo site
- Building a new website
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Publishing your static site
- Deploying via FTP, AWS, and Netlify
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Hugo
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netlify
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.