Learn how to create a user in AWS with restricted permissions. Nate explains how to generate credentials for this user that you can use in your Travis deployment script
- [Instructor] When the deployment script runs,…it'll need permission to modify the files in your S3 bucket…and modify your CloudFront distribution.…You can define these permissions…by creating an AWS user account.…This user account will be separate…from the account you use to login…and it'll only be used during the deployment process.…I'll start at the AWS console at console.AWS.amazon.com…and then go to services and search for IAM.…From here, I need to go to Users and then create a new user.…
The user name doesn't matter too much.…I'll do travis_www.awesomestaticsites.com.…It is important to pick Programmatic access.…Then I'll go, next,…and define the permissions I need for this user account.…I'll choose to attach an existing policy directly…and then I'll create a new policy from scratch.…In the policy generator, I need to choose the services…that this account will be able to access.…First, I need it to access S3.…
So, I'll search for S3.…And now I need to pick the actions…that this user account will be allowed to do in S3.…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.