When we are working with a team that is new to GitHub and trying to decide how they will use it, there are a few questions you should ask. In this video, explore some of these questions and hear a few of the instructor's thoughts on the answers.
- [Narrator] We've learned a lot about different workflows, … branching models, and merge strategies. … But ultimately, every organization is different. … works for a lot of projects and organizations, … you might have different requirements … that can't be met exactly with the GitHub flow … As best practice, I recommend you … try to get as close to the GitHub flow as possible. … But it really comes down to having … those discussions with your team, … and those decision makers … to talk about what will work for you. … to think about and discuss with your team … as you establish your ideal process. … but just few to get things going. … So one question could be … which branching strategy will you use? … Bring to the table the refined … and supercharged GitHub workflow, … and see if that works for you and your team. … Which branch will serve as your … master or deploy code? … Again, master was created by convention with Git. … It doesn't need to be your mainline branch … that is deployed to production, …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.