In this video, learn how to configure your DNS records to point to your site's CloudFront distribution. Nate demonstrates setting up the CNAME and URL records you need to help visitors reach your site.
- [Instructor] Your static site will live as a…CloudFront Distribution with a randomly generated name,…but you can update the DNS settings for your domain name…so that your visitors never know the difference.…In your domain registrar's web console,…find the Custom or Advanced DNS settings page.…We need to add two records here.…First is a CNAME Record…for the host www…and the target being the CloudFront domain name,…which we can copy from the CloudFront console.…
I'll go ahead and save that one.…And then we also need to add a URL Redirect Record…for the @ sign host,…and we'll point the URL to…https://www.awesomestaticsites.com.…And then I want to clear out the…two records that were already there.…The CNAME Record makes sure anyone who visits…www.awesomestaticsites.com will actually be served…the contents of your CloudFront Distribution.…
Because of some limitations of the DNS system,…we have to use a subdomain like www.…However, the URL Redirect Record will make sure…that someone who types the domain name without www…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Jekyll and Git
- Creating a new Jekyll site
- Installing themes
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Setting up for deployment with GitHub, Travis CI, Node, and npm
- Deploying to FTP, AWS, and Netlify
- Adding a custom, secure domain
Skill Level Beginner
AWS: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich4h 25m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Jekyll
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netifly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.