In this video, see how to continue writing the deploy script by gathering a list of local files and folders, and then using that list to prepare for the upload process.
- [Instructor] After connecting to the server,…the first thing the deploy script needs…to do is collect a list of all the generated site files…and directories that need to be uploaded to the server.…We'll do that in the scan local files function.…Instead of returning an empty array,…now we can start flushing this out.…Let's say ...…We'll say the local public directory equals upath.join.…Joining the path process.CWD,…which is current working directory.…
Basically where we are right now plus the public folder.…Which is where we know the site files will be generated to.…Then we need to return a glob.…We'll use the backticks instead of quotes here…to do string interpolation in node…which means we can do this, (localPublicDir)/**/*…Which is a syntax that means give me everything, every file…and folder recursively underneath the public folder.…
Then after that comes back we'll get a bunch of matches.…We'll call those globMatches.…And open up some code a code block to deal with that.…We'll say let items = globMatches.MAP…
- Advantages of static sites
- Installing Hugo and Git
- Creating a new Hugo site
- Building a new website
- Adding posts, pages, and static content
- Publishing your static site
- Deploying via FTP, AWS, and Netlify
Skill Level Beginner
AWS: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich4h 25m Intermediate
1. How Static Sites Work
2. Set Up Hugo
3. Build a Website
4. Prepare for Publishing
5. Deploy via FTP
6. Deploy to AWS
7. Deploy with Netlify
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.