Transforming your development processes often includes transforming how developers work together. In this video, learn some of the ways organizations are using open source ideas to change the way they work.
- Adopting an InnerSource Culture … as with most things take some time. … We've seen the pitfalls that occur … with siloed work within teams in an organization. … So what can we expect to see improve in our organization? … As we increase transparency and visibility? … Well, a few of these items are open collaboration … encourages more contributions. … Teams can more easily innovate. … And with more people inspecting code for errors … and inconsistencies they can build secure … more reliable software. … Problems are more easily found and fixed … before heading into production. … Developers don't always have to start from scratch. … Anyone can discover and reuse … open source projects for nearly any reason. … People can even use them to build other things … or modify them to suit their specific needs. … Similar to this, InnerSource code helps your team discover, … customize and reuse existing internal projects. … They can also establish and … build on a shared set of documented processes, …
- Designing your delivery pipeline
- Enabling continuous integration (CI)
- Adding automated builds
- Making changes based on code reviews
- Adding unit testing
- Adding continuous delivery to your CI pipeline
- Examining commit relationships in Git
- Working with branches in Git
- Reverting changes
- Troubleshooting in Git
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Fine-tuning the GitHub flow
- Adopting an inner-source culture
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
Using lab.github.com2m 13s
1. The Modern Development Pipeline with GitHub
2. The Super Charged GitHub Flow in Action
3. Understanding How Git Works
4. Get Out of Anything with Git
5. Resolving Merge Conflicts
6. Customizing Your Workflows
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.